Monday, May 12, 2008

Week 11 Building Knowledge





Part 1 - Definitions

My understandings of the following words.
Data: Is a combination of different individual facts, statistics and or items for information.
Information: Is knowledge that is gained through study, communication, research and instruction. It is the act or fact of something important.
Knowledge: Is facts or data that one knows, it is information that can be presented without feeling unsure. To have full understanding of something, is to have knowledge of it.
Wisdom: Is the basis of knowledge that starts with data that displays information and when put all together you have wisdom.


Part 3 - Relationship

To be able to understand the relationship between data, information and knowledge and have a clear understanding of how these all relate to each other, will be able to assit me through uni. I understand that I need to have the basic data and the information that goes with it to give me knowledge and understanding of a topic. With having the understanding of a topic comes wisdom. Something I need when I am talking about or writing about in my studies.

Part 4 - 5 Organisations

1. Taxation Department

2. Banks

3. Charities

4. Telecoms

5. Hospital / Doctors

They can take your information for all different reasons, to find out your financial status in society, if your doing the right thing by paying your tax, and that you are not frauding the system. Doctors need your information so if you come back in the future they know if your allergic to a medicine. Telecoms like to have your information too, as they like to call at 6pm when your having dinner and ask you a survey of questions.

Summary

To know how this information works and how to use it to improve my learning skills was good. I need to gave an understanding of a topic then work my way up from there, and understanding how these three items come together makes learning new information that bit easier to grasp.

The more I learn and have the right information the better I will be at remembering it and having the wisdom of knowing exactly what it is and what is means.