Monday, March 3, 2008

Week 2 Word & Excel Exercises




Summary
I definately believe that todays class was very informative, I believe that I have a good understanding on how to use computers and how to use Microsoft Word and Excel. But what was brought to my attention was that I am restricting myself in the programs that I use. Microsoft has many different programs avaliable, but I am only using to the ones I know.

Just in Word and Excel are many different features on how to present the same information. The different types of layouts and shortcuts to make the task more simpler to access.

Todays tasks are to Cut and Paste information into Word and then categorise them, and for Excel the task was to get information on how I spend my hours in the day and week, then with these we were asked to put them into 3 different types of graphs. It is very interesting to see that 3 graphs each shown different but relates to the same information in more detail.
Reading 1
The reading for this week, shows how to use microsoft word and excel. It goes through the tool bar showing all the different options that are avaliable. There are many different shortcuts which makes processing a document faster and neater.